- Cestel E300 Epoxy Primer
Moisture Barrier Primer C1000 is a two component, low viscosity, solvent free, epoxy resin.
- Low viscosity
- Excellent penetration and stabilization of substrate
- Very good adhesion on the substrate
- Solvent free
- Easy roller applied application
- Shorter construction periods
- Multiple usage
- Moisture barrier to help control moisture propagation in cementitious substrates with a moisture content not exceeding 4% by Tramex Method and residual moisture up to 100% R.H.
- For substrate consolidation on concrete, cement and gypsum screeds.
- Adhesion promoter for old and new adhesive residues in conjunction with our products.
How to Use
Coverage: 0.3 – 0.4 kg/m² depend on porosity and substrate surface
- MUST produce a monolithic, pinhole-free finish with a continuous film. The need for multiple coats is directly related to surface absorption. Dense substrates can consume less material and absorbent substrates can consume more material.
- Substrate must be clean, dry, sound and homogeneous, free from oils, grease, dust, and loose or friable particles. Paint, laitance, and other poorly adhering contents must be mechanically removed.
- Substrate must have an open textured surface to allow Primer C1000 to penetrate. (i.e. Blast cleaning, grinding are considered acceptable means to achevie the desired surface profile but . Acid and chemical etching are not acceptable)
- At least 50 % of the surface area must be cleared of residual adhesive and cutbacks. (i.e. by grinding or mechanical substrate preparation)
- Minimum compressive strength > 1160 psi. Tensile Bond strength > 116 psi.
- The floor must be cleaned with an industrial vacuum prior to installation of the primer C1000. Consult level/patch system manufacturer regarding priming prior to the placement of materials.
- Applicator must always verify that preparation of the surface is sufficient prior to using C1000 or patch/level compound.
Conditions/Limits: Substrate temperature during laying and until Primer 1000 has fully cured should be above 10°C and in case of radiant floor heating below 30°C. Application temperature of substrate must be minimum 5°F (3°C) above the measured dew point temperature.
Substrate Humidity: Subfloor moisture content should not exceed 6% when measured with a Tramex moisture meter or 4% when measured using the CM method.
Mixing : Mixing ratio A part:B part=100:50 (by weight). Add one full can of Component B to one full can of Component A then mix with an electric drill and mixing (Jiffy Mixer type) paddle at a low speed to reduce air entrainment (300-400 rpm). A minimum mixing time of 3 minutes shall be observed; mixing shall continue until a homogeneous mix has been achieved. Unmixed material applied to the floor will not cure properly.
Substrate temperature Min +10°C / Max +30°C
Environment temperature Min +10°C / Max +30°C
Substrate Moisture Content
Moisture content by weight < 4%
Clean all tools and application equipment with cleaning solvent (Xylene, MEK are effective). Hardened/ cured material can only be removed mechanically.
+10°C ~ 80 minute
+20°C ~ 50 minute
+30°C ~ 25 minute
Recoating Time solvent free products on Primer C1000;
Substrate Temp Min Max
+10°C 24 hours 4 days
+20°C 12 hours 2 days
+30°C 6 hours 1 day
Above datas that are theoretical, depend on environment temperature, substrate temperature and moisture.
Health and Safety Data
For Further information and advice regarding transportation, handling, storage and disposal of chemical products, user should refer to the actual Safety Data Sheets containing physical, ecological, toxicological and other safety related data.